January 31, 2008
I am a serious amateur photographer, residing in Florida. My wife, Amy/Shoottothrillimages, does all the post-processing- we work as a team. I grew up in Long Island, NY, and then moved to Florida in 1982 after graduating high school. I am a self-taught photographer, concentrating mostly on nature photography.
I am grateful for all my new photography friends, and for the critiques I receive on PhotoSig. They have greatly improved my photographic and post-processing abilities and I look forward to reading and learning from future critiques.
I have found that giving critiques is just as important as receiving them. They speed up the learning process. I am happy to give critiques to individuals who also give a fair share of critiques to the PSig community.
- If I give a 1 thumb-up, please don't be offended. It does not mean it is a bad photo, but a good/very good image in which I consider average. I feel it is an image with a lot of potential!
- A 2 thumbs-up is given to excellent, high quality images with a few minor, fixable imperfections, and/or technically perfect images lacking "WOW" appeal.
I consider "WOW" images to be photographs with an action, mood, or story that sets it apart from the typical image. To me, sharp and technically perfect photographs are not enough.
- I reserve 3 thumbs-up ratings for what I consider flawless images with "WOW" appeal.
When I leave a critique, I will always do my best to explain the reason for my rating and I will always try to give helpful suggestions for improvement, knowing full well that they are simply my own personal opinions as a serious ameteur.
Visit my website at ShootToThrillImages.com
Some of the equipment I currently use:
- Canon D1 Mark III
- Canon 50D
- Canon 40D
- Canon Rebel
- Canon EF 600 mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon EF 400 mm f/5.6L USM
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon 17-40mm f/1.4L
- Canon 18-55mm
- Canon 1.4x II extender
- Canon 2x II extender
- Canon Speedlite 580EX11
- Gitzo carbon fiber tripod
- Wimberley head
- BLUBB (Bigs Lens Ultimate Bean Bag)
Some of the equipment currently used for post-processing:
- Eizo ColorEdge CE210W LCD monitor
- Photoshop CS3
- Wacom Intuos 5x8 graphics tablet
North American Nature Photography Association (nanpa.org)
2009 NANPA Members' Showcase Tier 2 (Top 100) Winner- (1 image)
2009 NANPA Members' Showcase Tier 3 (Top 250) Winner- (3 images)
2008 St Augustine Alligator Farm Photography Contest/Calendar (3 images)
PhotoSig Image of the Week :) - Aug 31 thru Sept 5, 2008
Image of the Week/ Landscape category- Sept/25/08
Image of the Week/ Wildlife category- Aug/28/08
Image of the Week/ Out of the Box category- Feb/29/08
Image of the Week/ Avian, Captive and Hand of Man category- Feb/15/08
***I thank my photographer friend, Marina, for the awesome profile image***
|Photo critique rating
|Overall contributor rating