4,337 replies, 46 new
photoSIG Cafe
3,976 discussions, 1 new
53,181 replies, 6 new
Critic's Corner
1,342 discussions, 1 new
16,843 replies, 14 new

Start a new discussion

From ofofhy/Evan (10,615) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 7:56:24 AM CST

As I look at some photos of my grandfather on my father's side, one thing that always stands out are the long, bushy eyebrows. My dad doesn't have them, not sure if he is destined for them; he's old enough where he probably would have bushy eyebrows by now if he were going to have them. I definitely think I am headed there. In the last two years or so, I have noticed that my eyebrow hairs are growing longer. In college I always would have one hair in each eyebrow that was abnormally long. But now, it's about 20 per brow (and I do have two, naturally distinct eyebrows). The real problem is that they constantly hang down and get crossed up with my eyelashes (Also long, thanks mom). Does anyone else face this issue/annoyance, if so how do you deal with it? Trimming, plucking?

Mostly this is here because it has been a particularly bad eyebrow day, but it's also because there were no new conversations in the forums.

Read 351 times

From stmv/Sebastian (60,596) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 9:19:26 AM CST

laughs,, yes slow day,, yup,, as you get older,, these can get funky,, when I get my hair cut,, I sometimes have the lady trim a bit,, and don't forget the ear hair!

From ofofhy/Evan (10,615) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 12:54:03 PM CST

So far, tweezers can handle that... maybe not as I get older.

From swanda/John (1,022) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 9:21:44 AM CST

I have bushy eyebrows which stick up at an odd angle on one side. Whenever I get my hair cut, my stylist offers to trim them, and probably does a better job than I could looking in a mirror. I'll bet whoever cuts your hair would do it if you ask.

From sheenawilkie/Administrator (0) This user is a Premium Member This user is an Administrator Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 9:28:46 AM CST

And as a portrait photographer I would like to remind men about their nose and ear hair as well :-) Trim early and trim often.

From stmv/Sebastian (60,596) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 9:33:41 AM CST

yes, while you can ask the hair cutter to trim the ear/eyebrows, for nasal your on your own :)

From ofofhy/Evan (10,615) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 12:55:12 PM CST

Isn't that what Photoshop is for? ... Lazy. You want your subjects to do their own retouching before you take their photos? ;)

From sheenawilkie/Administrator (0) This user is a Premium Member This user is an Administrator Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 12:58:15 PM CST

lol Well that's exactly what I spend a lot of time doing! And don't get me even started on people flossing and brushing their teeth before a portrait session.

From rgordley/Rich (7,178) Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 10:12:45 AM CST

As I have gotten older it seems I am trying to turn into a werewolf. The amount of trimming about the brows, ears and nose increases with time.

From loiswakeman/Lois (17,231) This user is a Premium Member Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 10:26:08 AM CST

Thanks for the smile Evan. Brings a new meaning to the phrase "knitting one's eyebrows"! I am glad to hear you are not monobrowed - but look out for the long hairs sneaking out of your ears and nostrils too!

From robertwallis/Robert (15,001) This user is a Premium Member This user is an Administrator Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 12:24:05 PM CST

Things got a little hairy in some of those research papers ;-)

From jroessler/John (15,765) This user is a Premium Member Send mail to this user on March 8, 2012 1:46:37 PM CST

I now have the old man's eyebrows. They look like drunken Caterpillars. I used to keep them trimmed until my son told me I needed to take charge and get them back in control. So now I have just let them go wild. Not quite Andy Rooney style, but working on it. The ear hairs are still manageable, but making great strides to usurp my influence. The nose hairs don't exceed their assigned boundaries, but itch like crazy. I have to rearrange frequently, and it is often difficult to find a nice unobtrusive place to get them back in line. Recalcitrant hairs is not one of the things they tell you about when you are growing up. Would mustache wax do it?

From tvernuccio/Sheila (36,841) This user is a Premium Member Send mail to this user on March 9, 2012 12:31:10 AM CST

Sorry for your bad eyebrow days. :( May I suggest a little trimming. Don't pluck them. That's terribly painful, and besides that, if you pluck them, it gonna look awful as the hairs start growing back and getting stubbly. If you aren't comfortable trimming your eyebrows yourself, your hairdresser can easily do it for you. :)

Return to forum