Terms of ServiceLast updated April 28, 2006
1. These Terms of Service constitute an agreement between you and SIG Networks
Corporation. In this agreement, "we," "us," and "our" refer to SIG Networks
Corporation and/or its delegates; "you" and "your" refer to you and to anyone
who you allow to use your account; and "contribution" and "contributions"
refers to any photograph, article, critique, comment, message, or rating that
you have submitted to photoSIG.
2. There are two types of accounts available on photoSIG. Basic accounts are free and have access to a limited set of features. Premium accounts are available for an annual fee and have access to all of the Basic account features as well as additional features that are exclusive to Premium accounts. Premium account purchases are non-refundable. You agree that we may change the types of accounts that are available on photoSIG or the features associated with them at any time.
3. You must provide correct information in all of the required fields of the registration form. If we feel that your registration information is incomplete or inaccurate, then we may suspend your account until the information is corrected, or we may terminate your account. Only one account per user is permitted.
4. If you are under 13 years old, then your parents must consent to your registering with this site. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act prohibits us from collecting personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. We accept the possession of a Premium Membership pass code (obtainable with a credit card), or the possession of a Basic Membership pass code generated by an existing Premium Member, as evidence of parental consent.
5. You agree that we may suspend or terminate your account, at any time and without notice, if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service, or for any other reason. You agree that we may delete any of your contributions that we believe to be offensive, repugnant, or inappropriate in any other way.
6. You may only submit photographs to photoSIG if you are the copyright holder. If you created the work then you are most likely the copyright holder, unless you sold the copyright to someone else. If you don't own the copyright then you may not submit the work to photoSIG, even if you have some legal rights to it.
7. By submitting any contribution to photoSIG, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual right to reproduce that contribution on photoSIG and to edit or alter it as needed. You also grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual right to reproduce such contribution on other sites on the World Wide Web for the purpose of promoting photoSIG. You retain the copyrights for all contributions.
8. You may edit or delete any contribution that you submit to photoSIG within one (1) hour of the time that you originally submitted it. If you do not delete a contribution within that time frame, then you agree that our right to reproduce that contribution will become irrevocable. However, as an exception, you may delete any photograph or forum discussion that you have submitted at any time.
9. You must treat other users with civility and respect, even if you do not receive civility and respect in return. You must follow instructions from us regarding appropriate behavior and etiquette. You should report breaches of civility and respect to the photoSIG administrators.
10. You agree that photoSIG shall not be used to settle scores or to pursue vendettas, to grind axes, to further your social or political goals, or to enforce a policy of your own making, either by posting inciteful messages in the forums, on photos, or in critiques, or by using the rating system to reward or punish other users based on their alignment with your agenda.
11. photoSIG subjects each critique that you submit to a critique qualifier, which may disqualify your critique if it meets certain criteria. A critique that is disqualified does not count toward the work's total rating and cannot be rated by others. The critique qualifier attempts to disqualify critiques that are too short, do not appear to be objective, or that are likely to be cut and paste critiques. You agree that you will not attempt to circumvent the qualifier by padding your critiques with irrelevant text, submitting works intended to attract thumbs-down critiques, or by any other means.
13. You agree that we may run advertisements and promotions on photoSIG at any time, with or without prior notice, and in a manner and extent determined by us.
14. Downloading, meaning requesting and receiving data that is not immediately viewed by a human being, of photoSIG by automated means is strictly prohibited. However, downloaders who (a) follow the Robots Exclusion Protocol and (b) generate no more traffic than an ordinary human browser are excepted from this policy.
15. You agree to indemnify and hold SIG Networks Corporation, photoSIG, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, delegates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, licensees and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your contributions, your use of photoSIG, your connection to photoSIG, your violation of these Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another, whether you are a registered user or not. You are solely responsible for your actions when using photoSIG, including, but not limited to, costs incurred for Internet access.